Thursday 1 August 2013

It's been a long time....

Sometimes, life doesn't always follow the path that you predict and the last 18 months has certainly proved that to me.

After a successful Art Weeks in Sept 2011 (including being asked to make the visitor's prize by the SAW committee) I then planned to push on with the development of my website and workshop before promoting my work further however life and the greater universe had different plans!  My house extension, like most builds, took six months longer than planned and my studio which was based in my garage has been buried under a sea of insulation, wiring and general building materials since last September which meant no torching for me.  

The good news is that I've not got a new studio space and I can finally reach my bench at last and have been thoroughly enjoying clearing and sorting everything out as well as starting to get back into the swing of melting glass again. So, without further ado, here are a few pics of my latest creations.   The green necklace is a commission piece and the blue one I made for myself using beads by the lovely Kate Sullivan of Sublime Beads. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment